The Plans of the Busy Bride-to-be and her honey :)
Posted by Doug & Beth's Marital Moments at 12:35 PM
Hello Family & Friends!
Now that invitations have gone out, I thought it would be time to consistently update! Make sure you check in, as I will post many updates, memories, and stories of the past & present. As many of you know, I am a very EXCITED bride-to-be. Before I share some fun Christmas memories, I thought Id share a little bit of what Doug and I been up to getting ready for the big day! We pretty much have everything in motion for the wedding and HOW SWEET IT IS!!!! We cannot wait for the big day! Im sure all of you have heard someone say "most girls have been planning their dream wedding since the time that they were four." I would honestly have to say that through this process, my dream wedding has been a work in progress, rather than a perfectly planned and scripted masterpiece crafted from the age of four. I was talking with my college best friend/roommate Annie a month ago about the wedding planning. Doug & I would have probably pictured our wedding being very small, no more than 40 people. As you will see at the wedding, there is no way that we could achieve this with so many people that we know and love. We couldnt imagine starting our lives as a married couple without all of you present. So Annie was talking to me about all the stresses of a wedding. She was a little worried that Doug and I were getting married a little too fast and that I wasnt getting everything I wanted (good ol Annie... she always has been very over protective). Doug and I probably should have set the date for January or February, instead of March. Lol. We are so ready to be married, but of course, good things to come those who wait (but I digress). I just remember saying to her "This is going to be my dream wedding because I am going to be marrying Doug." Its like when he went to pick out my ring. I did not go with him. We barely even talked about the ring, style, cut and all the goes into a woman's dream ring. In spite of this, Doug managed to go into the depths of my soul and exceeded my expectations. I couldnt have picked out a more perfect ring myself. You see, every girl does have a picture of what she wants, but it is a general picture. The blurry faced man in my dreams now has a face. I wouldnt want to have a wedding that I have been dreaming about since I has four. It seems little generic. Thus, I see it just like Doug picking out an engagement ring catered only for me, only for my deepest dreams. Our wedding is turning out the same way, catered to OUR desires and OUR dreams, not just mine. I have to say that I am so proud of Doug. Most men become non-existent in the planning process. Doug has had his hand in every decision. He has had his phone on 24-7 to make sure he can answer any of my questions, calm my fears, and simply say he loves me. :) He has been so patient with my anal-renetive, OCD nature. This wedding is truly turning into the wedding of my dreams! With 63 days left, I feel at peace. Im excited to be the future Mrs. Fisher. I am so happy that most of you reading this will be present on our special day! Most of the big plans have already been done, it's all a matter of waiting out the time! Here's some of the things we've been up to preparing for the big day!
:: The event that started it all..... THE PROPOSAL!:: ________________________________________________________
Of course we couldnt have all of the planning without Doug's big planning! He asked me to marry him on Friday, November 9th. I will retell this story later. If you just cant wait, you can see our old website at soontobemrsfisher.blogspot.com. For now, check out some of the snapshots of one of my most incredible moments of our lives!
::Asking the girls to be my Bridesmaids:: ____________________________________________________________________
I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends! I am going to have four bridesmaids. Doug will have three groomsmen. He really has four, but his 4th, Drew Heim, will be on a stint in Australia! We will miss you Drew. In a couple of posts, look for pictures of my bridesmaids and the day we went bridesmaid dress shopping! Here's some pictures of me making cards asking them to be my bridesmaids! I immediately started crafting my dreams
and these cards! Doug asked me to marry him on Friday. We spend a wonderful weekend together calling family and soaking in our joy. After he left to go back to Irvine, I got out my scrapbooking supplies and made these cards! I have to admit, the craft part of this has been so much fun! Too bad Gayle (Doug's mom) didnt have her craft shed now! Could you imagine what we could get done in there? Enjoy these pics!
::Picking out the Invitations:: ________________________________________________________
You all should have received them! The day before Kelly and Julia flew in to pick out the bridesmaids' dresses, Doug and I went to a number of places to find the perfect invitations that matched our tastes. After visiting a number of different specialty st
ores, we ended up at Michaels. Now for those of you who know Doug, it is quite the daunting task to get Doug into a craft store! He was such a sport as we went down the aisles searching for our invitations! Finally, we found the ones you received. During Christmas weekend, I ended up assembling about three hundred invitations! I hope that all of you will save and cherish those invitations (dont be surprised if I come to your house and ask to see them...j/k).
And of course there is so much more that goes into the planning! We are so excited that you will be there! 64 more days until the big day! Stay tuned for more updates, memories and stories! Next to come...... Holiday memories and MEET THE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!
With love and excitement..... MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Doug & Beth <3>
Labels: planning