Dear Family & Friends,
I could probably dedicate this entire blog to memories of the wedding. As I write about the things that Doug and I are currently up to, I will occasionally through in some wedding memories. Forgive me for not posting pictures of the wedding yet. Doug and I want to show his parents the pictures in person. I don't want the fun to be taken away from them! There is definitely a difference when people see the pictures in person! I did, though, want to share my something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue with all of you!
My Something Old..... My Mother's Wedding Dress!


I am sure you did a double take there. No, the dress I wore was not my mom's, but the handkerchief that I carried was maid out of my mother's wedding dress. My sister actually had asked my mom to make something out of her wedding dress, and being the good sister that I am, I stole her idea! My mom gladly agreed to give us both something very intimate and what no one else could give us... a piece of her wedding! So I called my Grandma, Bama, and asked if she could craft this delicacy. Now the saga begins to unfold. My grandmother agreed and ended up putting her BLOOD, sweat, and tears into this beauty. My grandmother ended up puncturing her thumb with a needle. It went all the way through! Thank you Bama for the sacrifice to make this so beautiful! So my grandma made my mother's wedding dress a gorgeous handkerchief. My grandmother also added a piece of her wedding veil and the green ribbon from our wedding invitation. My grandma also monogrammed our initials DFB (Doug Fisher Beth). This is truly an amazing keepsake.
My Something New.... Swarvoski QUEEN Tiara from my sister and BEST FRIEND, Julia!


My sister and I have a very special relationship. We have been best friends since the moment that she came home from the hospital. This wedding was especially memorable because my sister stood right by my side as my maid of honor and best friend. Man, so many years of memories! Its amazing how one day can bring so many of them back. So when my sister flew in from Annapolis at Christmas time, she could not wait to give me her very special gift. I was tired and sweaty from working and commuting, so I couldnt show her my true appreciate at that moment, but she unveiled this elegant crown. Each year we give each other swarovski crystals. This was my most memorable gift. Thank you sissy. It meant so much to me. I truly felt like a queen in that crown!
My Something Borrowed..... Jade Bracelet from Cheryl


Cheryl is my second mama. My mom is very proud to be my mother and Cheryl is the only other lady in our lives who she will agree to give that title! The Smith's have truly been such a blessing in our lives. From the moment we moved to Rialto they welcomed us, came to all our games, and followed us through the major steps of our lives. Our wedding would not have been possible without all of Cheryl's help! Cheryl put so much hard work into this wedding. So as we were doing some food planning and what not she had asked me if anyone had offered a something borrowed. She knew our colors were green. She offered me a gorgeous green jade bracelet. The bracelet truly popped in all the pictures. It was such a wonderful detail of elegance. Thank you Cheryl! We love you!
My Something Blue..... Handmade Garter
Of course the something blue came in the shape of a garter. My grandmother made a garter out of my mom's wedding dress as well. She added some beautiful blue ribbon. Boy is my grandma talented! Thank you Bama!
Look forward to more details about the wedding later! :) We truly had the wedding of our dreams. Weddings can be so stressful and when all is said in done, there are a lot of headaches, decisions to be made, conflicting desires, and crazy times of preparation. As Doug and I look back at our wedding, we are just happy to be married. We are thankful for all of you who came. We are thankful for all of you who helped. We had the most beautiful ceremony. Most of all, we know that God was smiling down upon us giving us His blessing to a life full of love!
Until we see you again... God bless you!
With love and excitement,

Doug and Beth FISHER <><