It's been a while

Hello Family & Friends,

I am so sorry that is has been a while since I last wrote. Today Doug and I have officially been married for 4 months! I was just talking with a friend yesterday about how it feels like time is slipping away so quickly. I'm not just referring to the last 4 months when I say that. It's hard to believe that a year ago our lives were so incredibly different. I was still in my teaching program, Doug just graduated college and was about to take off for Europe, and we had no clue what God had in store for us then! We still have no clue what he has in store for us now, but we are blessed to figure it out together.

Work has been challenging for the both of us lately. Doug is certainly a trooper, as he really tries to perfect everything at his job. That is one of the reasons that I love him (of the many). He works so hard at everything he does. I am receiving a renewed sense of excitement for the coming school year. The teaching profession is so comedic. Most new teachers go in with the attitude that they can save the world and that every child deserves to get the best education possible. I still believe that. But, it is sad how many obstacles are thrown in the way of that idea, which often seems like an unattainable dream. For instance, I signed up to teach summer school. I walk in the first day and guess how many kids I have.... 50. Then they kept adding until I had 63. It's just insane. I finally have it down (as well as I possibly could). I just feel bad for the kids. They get cooped up in a small, hot room for four and a half hours. But, this has been a great experience for me. I am seeing some of my strengths and weaknesses and where I want to focus to help these kids! By the way, have any of you seen "The Secret Life of an American Teenager" on ABC Family. Molly Ringwald is in it. I watched the first episode last night. It was so trippy how part of that is my life (at work). SO TRIPPY. You should watch it and tell me what you think.

Doug and I are super excited about the 4th of July holiday. Of course, we are number 1 PROUD TO BE AMERICANS, and it's also the annual 4th of July celebration at the Calamia's in Sacramento. Doug's family (which is now my family... hehehehe) is so tightly knit. I feel honored to be a part of it. :) I'm just happy that this year I'm not balling my eyes out dreading leaving Doug for about a month. :) Thank GOD for the BONDS of marriage. :) Look forward to a recap on that fun and some pictures. It will be fun to have Steve come along with us as well! Doug, Jeff, Steve, and I are all going to be road trippin it up north. It should be good times.

Doug and I were able to go to a baseball game last night. I got a horrible stomach flu, so we were planning on going with a group of people, but that ended up changing. Other than that, Doug and I have been finding some fun things to do around town in Orange. We do fun things like go to (gross) Starbucks and play scrabble. Turn on the TV and listen to classical music and sit on the porch. We don't travel too much with the crazy economy! I just can't believe the price of gas, groceries and what not. I am sure a lot of you are laughing and saying "welcome to the real world." Doug and I both know the reality of the real world, but that doesn't stop it from being perplexing... no matter how short or long anyone has been in the real world. When challenges do come our way, we have been pretty good at handling them. Then again, we also do have THE BIG GUY on our side. You do have to check out this picture to the left. It got REALLY hot in Orange lately. We live in a very old 1920's craftsman house original. As cute as this little bungalow (or bugalow as we love to call it right now) is, it is VERY HOT. So after nights of restless sleep, Doug and I went and bought an airconditioner. I believe I mentioned this in our last post. Well check out this picture of how incredibly HUNKY my handyman husband is! I am one lucky girl!

Well we hope that you have a SAFE and HAPPY 4th of July! :) God bless American and GOD BLESS YOU!

With love and excitement,Doug and Beth <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home