Time goes by too fast....

Hello Family and Friends,

We hope that this Sunday afternoon finds you all with many blessings. This afternoon Doug started off on a new venture. The next few months are going to be pretty tough, but Doug is always up for a challenge! I am so proud of his intelligence and determination. He has started a new program in the legal field. That is all that I am going to say for now. For those of you who know Doug, you know that he is an extremely private and personable man. He prefers to share the specifics of what he is up to in person. As his wife though, I would just like to say how proud I am of him, and ask that you keep his newest challenge in your prayers!

I entitled this blog "time goes by too fast" for many reasons. It's now the middle of July. I physically feel like it was just yesterday that Doug was traveling through Europe and I was so love sick for him to come home it hurt. So much has happened between that time and now. It seems like it was minutes ago that Doug asked me to marry him, and seconds ago that we tied the knot. Now I know that we have plenty of time, but there are moments that I would just like to savor, and make last for longer than the passing split second it goes by! Even if it as simple as a weekend, anniversary, birthday, vacation day, or whatever it may be.... everything goes by so quickly! Now, please don't take this as a complaint. All that I am saying is really, stop and notice what God has given to you. Today I am really mindful of that, and how quickly God's blessings come and go. When it comes down to it though, all I have to say is "THANK YOU GOD!"

Doug and I have been busy bee's lately. Since the 4th we have been busy at work. Summer school is nearly killing me. I have 9 more days left! I cannot wait for my little two week vacation! I will probably sit around and do absolutely nothing.... and I will love every second of it! Doug has been extremely supportive of me as I get ready for the new year. As many of you know, not much money is given to the schools, so often times we are left paying for a lot of things that help make a classroom successful. I am looking forward to the possibility of having my own classroom this year! I was told by the office that I have been assigned my own room, but with that said I must share a lesson the my current school district has taught me.... "Don't believe anything until you see it, and even then.... just wait." I am not bitter in any way, but I have found some interesting lessons as I have made my plunge into the so-called "real world." Everyone has their stories. I do need to say that mine are no where near as bad as most. I am thankful for that!

We got a chance to visit my parents last weekend. Nearly a year ago, Doug and I started to demolish their backyard. My dad has finally installed the last piece of rock, and my parents backyard is complete! My dad received some enormous help from some of the gentlemen in our church (Larry A. and Gary M). Something that Doug and I have in common with my parents is our love for HGTV. Their backyard project would be a good episode on HGTV. Doug and I both need to give them a huge hand of applause and say "JOB WELL DONE!" It was so relaxing to sit with them in the backyard. We bbqed and talked the day away. I am posting some pictures here for your enjoyment!

I hope that this Sunday doesnt pass by too quickly for you. May God richly and deeply bless you. Thank you for caring about our lives and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

With love and excitement,
Doug and Beth <><

Ps. If you want to see all of the pics of my parents background from beginning to end, copy and paste the following link....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2270162&l=19711&id=3304510

1 Comment:

  1. Trevor and Kelly said...
    oh, beth you guys are too cute.
    i know what you say about time going so fast though- trev and i have our three week wedding anniversary this saturday- i know it's not much but i mean, where did that three weeks go?!

    please keep us in your prayers as we are packing up and getting ready to head out to chicago- oh my goodness :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home