Well Family and Friends,
What seems like a month ago, I gave you a preview to what we have been up to, but never gave you the information. Well, a lot has happened in the last month. Doug and I bounced back to San Diego a few times to handle some business, welcomed fall, and resumed the everyday grueling work life. Now that Doug is finished with his class, we have a lot more time to be together. It is nice to be able to see the love of you life for longer than 30 minutes. Lol. So the following is the adventures we have been up to! Enjoy!
End of Summer- QUICK day trip to San Diego
I must say honestly, visiting San Diego has stirred mixed emotions. There are moments when I just want to move back, times I REALLY miss college (and yes, even studying), and the others that I know God has something entirely bigger for us. That is not to say that if we were to move back we would be settling. That is not the case. Who SETTLES for San Diego?! Anyways, back to the topic. That day at the end of September was truly wonderful. Visiting San Diego is always amazing, because that is the place where we fell in love. I am not kidding you. I can look at almost any place in San Diego and see Doug. What a blessing to be able to say. Some of the things we did that day was visit an old favorite burrito shop- Los Primos. This burrito shop is located smack dab between where Doug and I used to live. Boy, am I glad that that pla
ce wasn't open for long when we lived there! WE WOULD BE SO FAT! After that (you know that burritos were our breakfast right?), we headed to our fabulous old church- Harbor Pres! MAN DO WE MISS IT THERE! Pastor Paul is a dynamic speaker, truly led by God! :) We also miss PASTOR DARIN! :( After church we were able to fun into one of my residents (more accurately said, FRIEND) and his girlfriend. Chris, if you read this, it was so nice to see you! :) After church we headed straight to the beach! Being the INSANE English teacher I am, I assigned my kids four essays in one week. I attempted to read some of them on the beach. Being an alum of UCSD, I am able to have much success at it, but I chose not to completely attend to the papers. I did get them done, just not immediately. My handsome husband reached out his hands and welcomed me to a walk on the beach. I just couldn't resist. After our amazing day at the beach, we hit the road and headed to another favorite- Pizza Port! :) Our day really only lasted about 5 and half hours, but we made the most out of every second.
I apologize, but I will have to resume the catching up later. I am working Saturday school tomorrow, and I should get to bed. God bless you all!