Dear Family and Friends,
As I start to get older, I find the I constantly discover new information about myself. I guess this is the eternal quest on this journey that we call life on earth. Actually, as I think about that statement, my thoughts deflect towards a Bible study I am in now. Here is a quick story about God's faithfulness to us! I was praying for some kind of Bible study. Within a week of that specific prayer, a very old friend, Emma, sent me a message on facebook, asking if I would be interested in attending a girls Bible study put on by her sister-in-law. I immediately jumped at the opportunity, and PRAISE THE LORD it was available to me. In such a quick time, these ladies have been such a blessing to me. I always look forward to our Thursday night studies. Our Bible study is focused on the book of Daniel. During our first week of the study, Beth Moore, the creator quoted a verse in Isaiah 47:8 ...who says in your heart, I am, and there is no one else beside me ...... What she said about it, I found to be incredibly interesting. Modern day Christianity is so wrapped up into who we can improve as individuals. Whether we intend to say the above words or not, we are selfish individuals who think far too highly of ourselves. The truth is, we are all broken and in need of Christ's repair. So, long story short, I find myself laughing at the very comment I made about discovering myself. More accurately then, I should say, God is constantly reinventing his insane piece of work! :) That being said... let's talk about fall!
I had always thought I was a summer girl. This summer in Orange County certainly changed my mind on that fact. Our house was so muggy the entire summer. I would have much rather been in the Inland Empire any day. Our house was a HOOOOTTTT HOUSE! As you might imagine, I am incredibly happy to welcome the fall. Doug and I have been able to do so in so many wonderful and exciting ways. As most of you know, October 12th welcomed my 24th year of life. Doug spoiled the heck out of me in San Diego, just after we spent the weekend with my parents. We got to visit a wonderful childhood memory- Yucaipa. We tasted apples, apple cider, played in apple orchards, and enjoyed whole in the wall BBQ. My mom is absolutely the most wonderful mom alive (Gayle is too :)). She and my dad spoiled the heck out of my as well! :) When we went home, my mom and I were able to make caramel apples, eat lots of pie, and enjoy lots of chocolate. :) It was such a great birthday weekend. Of course, what made it the best birthday EVER was being able to spend it with my husband. :) 24 was the first bday as a married couple, and it will be special to me for as long as God will allow me to remember.
The following weekend, we headed out to get our pumpkins. Doug created his monster- Rex the Ripper, and I masterfully crafted Jimmy. Unfortunately, it has been in the 90s in the OC, so our pumpkins have wilted, and are barely surviving on our porch. Lol. I am not sure what we will do with them, since we have a Halloween party this coming Friday. Of course, they will find their way to their graves (the trash), but who knows if we will have more pumpkins. Probably not. Craving those pumpkins was quite the task.
While we do not live in a state that has definite seasons, the feeling of fall has certainly been felt in the Fisher household. All I know is, I welcome it to come in full swing. I feel blessed to experience these "seasons" for the first time with my husband. We are truly blessed that God has smiled upon us, and given us a life together. May God bless your fall, and may you discover all of the joys that the season has to offer!