It has been way too long! Hello 2009! :)

Wow, Family & Friends, do I owe you quite the update!

C H R I S T M A S 2008

I am going to try to catch everyone up with pictures too! Now that it is almost April of 2009, let me share a few pictures from Christmas 2008! :) Lol. Doug and I shared a beautiful first Christmas together as man and wife. While we really wished Doug didn't have to work so much, we made the best out of it, gathered some first Christmas Willow Tree ornaments, and celebrated my parents 25th wedding anniversary! It was quite eventful. We also got to meet my sister's fiance. As you might imagine, we had a fun filled Christmas, but by the time it was over, we were quite happy.

K' A L O H A Photography
After heading up to the Calamia's for New Year's, Doug and took 2009 as a year of pursuing our dreams! Around Thanksgiving Doug really started to encourage me to start my own business. So I did. I launched K'Aloha Photography in January 2009. I have gathered a number of new and wonderful clients. K'Aloha has taken me away from this blog. If you want to check it out, feel free to do so at kalohaphotography.blogspot.com.

P R E S I D E N T' S day W E E K E N D
We were pretty blessed to be able to get a four day weekend in February. We headed up to the Bay Area for the President's day weekend. It was quite the memorable weekend. We visited the sight of our honeymoon- Napa Valley (St. Helena, Rutherford, and Calistoga). I couldn't help but feel the chills and butterflies as Doug and I drove along the familiar highways amid vineyards lined with gorgeous mustard seed! This wouldn't be our only wine country weekend. We headed to the Sonoma side two weeks later for our one year wedding anniversary trip!This picture was taken in front of the Franciscan Winery. We are finding that to be one of our favorite wineries for reds! Around this time last year, we had a picnic on the big Rutherford bench behind us. OH THE MEMORIES!

S N O W B O A R D I N G
Just a day later, we headed up to a place called Dodge Ridge. Doug took me for the ride of my life. I got my first experience with SNOWBOARDING this weekend. I must admit, it was quite the struggle. Doug was exceedingly patient though, even after I almost killed a few people when I lost my snowboard down a black diamond area! Thanks baby. :) I am honestly going to have to say that I like surfing so much better, but I will not give up on this sport.

1st year A N N I V E R S A R Y
Just two weeks following our trip to Northern California, we boarded the plane and headed right back, but this time to celebrate ONE YEAR OF MARRIAGE! I seriously cannot believe that I write now, and that I have been married for over a year! The memories are still so vivid. I would never trade it though. I love being married. I love my husband. I am happy to pursue our adventures together.

For now, this is a brief update on us! I will try my best to stay up to date. Thank you for your love and for caring enough to continue to read!

GOD BLESS YOU!

With love and excitement,
The Mr. and Mrs. for over a year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Post Home