Hello Family and Friends,
Happy middle of the afternoon to you all. This will be the last time until our next vacation that I will get to write in the middle of the afternoon. As you all know, I taught summer school this year. I got to have a two week vacation. It seems like enough right now. I always think about the people who just get their two weeks during the year, as opposed to the 9 weeks or so in the summer that teachers usually get. Then again, most people don't work with kids ALL THE TIME. Lol. But I think about those year long professionals, and then feel like I should be able to hack it without the extended break that others take. Next summer Doug and I certainly will be taking advantage of all of my vacation time. Only time will tell where we will go and what we will see, but we are planning a trip to Hawaii. It's been so long since I have been back there, so I am really looking forward to it. :) I am excited for Doug to meet the family.
In my two week vacation, I probably took a good week off. The rest of the time was devoted to fixing up my classroom. I FINALLY HAVE A CLASSROOM! WOHOO! I inherited a rather NASTY, smelly, bug infested room. So I spent nearly a week cleaning it up. Now it smells good, has less bugs, and is a lovely place to be. I hope you all enjoy the pictures of the journey through my classroom. :)
Doug is hard at work studying. I am so proud of him. I need to put a little shout out to my wonderful husband right now. He is working full time and attending classes every Monday and Wednesday night until 10pm. He often has Saturday sessions as well. Last night, I had the profound discovery that I was married to superman. :) He still manages to have an amazing attitude towards life, keeps it together, and cares for me every bit as much as if he had all of the time in the world. I am blessed to be married to superman. :)
So for my last few hours off, I am going to be doing homework and home work! :) It's time to get the house one last scrub-a-dub before the year begins. Also, Jeff will be coming over for the International Street Fair. I will certainly post pictures and updates on that this weekend!
May God bless and keep you all.
