These days.....

Hello Family and Friends!
We hope that this finds you all happy and well. Boy, are we happy that it is the weekend. Well, I should clarify that I (Beth) am. Doug is working his behind off for his big test. It is almost here, so after the beginning of October we should be smooth sailing. Well that is, if there is such a thing. The feeling of fall is finally coming. The last couple of days have been a little chilly and gloomy in OC. Doug and I never thought we would appreciate that type of weather, but after living in our Bungalow, we welcome it. Mmmmm.... fall. I can't wait to write to you all about it when it comes. It is one of our favorite seasons (but California really doesn't have seasons, right?). We have really been up to a lot since our 6 month anniversary greeting all of you. We spent a wonderful day at the International Street Fair, attended the wedding of Brian Smith, hosted Doug's parents for a weekend, visited my parents, and between all of that, found time to deal with everyday work life.

Last weekend, we had the pleasure of hosting Doug's parents at our home. It was so nice to be able to do for them. Both of our parents always go out of their way to take care of us. It was nice to be able to cook a huge meal for them, and have them not lift a finger in the process of their trip here. :)

The weekend prior to that was packed. Jeff came to our house and we headed over to the International Street Fair. I hadn't been since I was about seven. It's amazing how huge places appear when you are a small child. When we go there, I found the street fair was still fun, but a lot smaller than I remembered it to be. We tasted some international food. I hit up Italian street. Doug enjoyed Italian street, and Greek Street, I believe. Jeff enjoyed some tea from an Asain food station, Greek Food, and one more place that I cannot remember at this time. We had a great time. After the street fair we headed to Rialto to spend time with my parents before Brian Smith's wedding. We were also able to see my besties, Pia and Porscha. The weekend was certainly filled, but such a wonderful last weekend before the start of school.

I am discovering a lot about myself as a teacher, as I am going into my second year of teaching (well basically second year). Teacher is a lot of hard work. I can see why some of the older teachers are lazy. I have the honors freshman this year. I am truly trying to prepare them to be the best writers, especially for their entrance to college. This does give me a lot of work. I will probably spend the entire day grading papers. Ugh! But, if it means that I have to do more work to make them successful, then so be it! I have a very good friend from the credential program, Brianna. She decided not to pursue the avenue of teaching. She constantly asks me if I am going to teach for the rest of my life. I would like to say yes, but if I find that I am becoming a lazy teacher, I know I will need to let it go. Teaching is an awesome responsibility. I am going to give to the "profession" as long as I can. I have some truly amazing individuals in my class this year. The entire prospect is very exciting. On a very random note, I would just like to send some love to the girls from the teaching program. I have found that other than Pia, Porscha, and the girls in my wedding party, they have really been true friends. I miss you girls!

Something I find very amusing is all of the pessimism in the world. Many people ask if Doug and I still like each other, and other sayings to that extent. I know the divorce rate is very high, but truly, the word is not in our vocabulary. We find it awesome that we are falling more in love with each other every day. We still have a lot of life to face together, but I do feel like we are growing up together. Our friendship is developing deeper each day. A certain peace, and happiness has found us. In moments where life seems unstable or tiring, I have a mental picture of Doug smiling burned into my brain. Often, his simple smile gets me through. We are having so much fun being man and wife. I can only pray that everyone can find the kind of happiness that we have found. God is truly good. We know that this kind of joy only comes from God. :)

A couple weekends ago we got to witness Brian Smith, and his wife Ashley join as man and wife. I just want to send a shout out to the newlyweds. We hope that God will bless your marriage deeply. Thank you for letting us be a part of your beautiful ceremony. It was such a wonderful evening. If many of you notice the picture of that adorable boy, that is Shane, my boyfriend. Doug is ok with it, but I thought I would also share the ADORABLE picture! His wonderful mommy, Tami, is helping him get ready. I also had to include this picture to the left of Debbie. Debbie is Brian's mom. Such a lovely, and classy lady!

On another random note, we miss the people from Grace. Susan Parker e-mailed me a bit about the church directory (and I need to get back to her. If you are reading this, I am sorry). We know that a lot of you at Grace are supporting us in prayer. Thank you so much. We love you.

I know this entry has been a little static. My brain is fried from grading too many papers. I must return to the fabulous task of attempting to make students better writers. Sending you all lots of love. Have a wonderful Saturday, and a restful weekend.

With love and excitement,
Doug and Beth <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home