Happy Memorial Day Weekend Family & Friends!
We hope this finds you all happy and well! Doug is still struggling with that cold. I, Beth, am pretty bored right now, but it is nice to do NOTHING. Lately I have been really reflecting and savoring the memories of our wedding. I told you all that I would update with wedding pictures soon. So far, we have only received our photos from our primary photographer. I am supposed to get the other photos any day now. This will not be the only posting with pictures. These photos all come from Jacob Atmodjojo. Jacob shot over 1100 photos of the wedding day. We opted to not go with a "professional" videographer, so these pictures are very important to me. I am so blessed to have them. Thank you Jacob for all of your hard work on our wedding day! Many of you either noticed him or didnt. Our family likes to call him the "ninja photographer." Doug and
I didnt even noticed that he took all of those pictures! THANK YOU JACOB! Those of you in need of a photographer, I would recommend Jacob for sure! He is always available to help, even when the big day is over! On a side note, I would like to thank Craig, Kevin, and Nathan Smith for video taping the wedding! I am so happy to have a wedding video!
I find myself laughing when I think about all of the words that people said to me before the wedding. They said it would be a blur and go by quickly. Honestly, a lot of that was very true. We completely remember our ceremony. It was gorgeous and everything that we wanted. Thank you all for coming and making it so special! The reception on the other hand was a blur. It just went by so quickly. We had a fun time, but felt like we arrived and then it was over. We didnt get to talk to everyone like we had wanted to. The food was amazing. All of the ladies in the church really made the place amazing. We couldnt have pulled off such a huge reception without all of their help! It was nice to dance with Doug. It was fun
to cut the cake (even though we did it wrong), but the night just went by way too quickly. For those of you reading this who are getting married.... enjoy every second of it! IT GOES BY SOOOOO FAST. But really, the end result is what makes it all worth it. Being married to Doug makes me forget about anything that may have gone differently than planned or incredibly amazing. The man that he is and the life we are building together matches the adrenaline of one day and makes it INCREDIBLY exciting to face the future. Thank you GOD for giving me such a wonderful husband.
I hope that those of you who are married let your spouse know how much you appreciate them. That is one lesson that my parents have taught me. My dad always says he falls more in love with my mom everyday. I can see how Doug is emulating that as well. Sadly, there are also people who give horrible advice or words after the wedding. People often say "Oh you have only been married for two months" or "Just wait".... but I just dont think its going to be bad. Its not bad for my parents. Rough at times, I know, but bad... come on! A lot of people translate the word "rough" in so many negative ways! God has given Doug and I a PARTNER..... a one flesh union. Im sorry, but call me an optimist, I am sticking with God's divine will. Through the struggles he brings so many deep blessings and rewards! So long story short, let your hunny know you love him or her!
hat it is because the memories are fresh in our minds. Lol. I think for most people, planning and anticipating the future brings hope. What I have found out about myself is I will be both of those things for the rest of my life, because I have not only the faith, but the hope, that God has some amazing things planned. The wedding was a wonderful way to start our life as man and wife. I get a similar rush thinking about all that is about to come. God's always got big things planned! Ive got that faith for sure!That is enough for now. I will post actual memories and more pictures soon!
Ps. It may take a day or two for the pictures to appear. The picture upload is not working on my current internet connection. Thanks for your patience.
Pss. If you are bored, copy and paste the following links. I uploaded MOST of Jacob's photos into a lot of albums... so check it out!
The wonderfully edited ones: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2235805&l=1cb36&id=3304510
The Boys getting ready:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237449&l=c9651&id=3304510
The Girls getting ready:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2235818&l=3515f&id=3304510
Here comes the bride:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237455&l=fcfec&id=3304510
Captured moments at the reception:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237471&l=40ed3&id=3304510
Moments after the wedding & Family portraits
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237715&l=ff766&id=3304510
Reception Recap:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237722&l=81e26&id=3304510
The Smaller Details of the Wedding:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237783&l=992fc&id=3304510
Some Wedding Favs and photos missed:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2237759&l=9bc9c&id=3304510
