Doug's Birthday Celebration with the fam!

Dear Family and Friends,

Greetings! You get two posts in one day! :) Life in the Fisher household has been pretty eventful. Doug is still busy at work and school. I am enjoying life with my 9th and 10th graders. This last week I got my booty handed to me on a platter as I played in our "faculty versus senior" basketball game. Three days later and my legs are still sore. I can barely walk!

Last weekend we got a very special treat! Doug's family came down to help celebrate his birthday. Now this was a surprise birthday weekend, and boy, did we get him good! For about a month I had been plotting with Doug's cousins, Fran & Juli, and his wonderful sister, Kelly, about throwing Doug a surprise bday party with the fam! So we made it happen! :)

Doug's family arrived at about 10:30. I am on what I call "teacher schedule." I cannot stay up past 9:30. I was waiting for a call from the girls and ended up falling asleep. Doug and I live near a park. Sometimes there are not the greatest characters that visit that park. So when it is 10:30 at night and someone comes to our door, the concern switch definitely goes on! So Doug, being the protecting husband he is, grabs a kitchen knife and is ready to defend his wife! He heard a lot of wrestling in the background as this girl from Africa speaks in a heavy accent, "I am looking for my husband in your house. Are you the Payton family? You are my host family." Doug is like "No, we are not your family and your husband is not here." I started to come to and said "Babe, its ok!" Then his family rushed the door and said "SURPRISE." Doug quickly put the knife away and we enjoyed our weekend!

The family came that Friday. We stayed up all night playing WII. Kelly brought some wonderful fudge brownies and we had ice cream sundaes and banana splits to kick off the weekend. Saturday we woke up and had homemade cinnamon rolls and fruit, yogurt and granola. We then took off for the Block and say "Iron Man." The day wasnt done yet. We took the fam to one of our favorite burger joints and then hit up the elite Laguna Beach. We then went home and cooked some steaks. After steaks we headed out to karaoke, where we sang out hearts out in some very OFF keys! :) Before we left for Karaoke, Doug got a very special gift.... GUITAR HERO III! Needless to say, Doug played that non-stop! So we stayed up pretty late with guitar hero and fun times with the fam.

Sunday came too quickly. Fran treated us to breakfast at Polly's and the girls hit the road! Girls and Jeff, thanks for a great weekend! We know this one will be very memorable!

We love you all! Thanks family for being so great! Enjoy the pics!

With love and excitement,

Doug and Beth FISHER <>< :) Ps. Check out all the pics of the weekend by copying and pasting the following link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2244808&l=11b47&id=3304510

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home