Three Years!


Hello family and friends,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
to all you mothers out there! :) Today is a pretty special day of reminiscence for many reasons. Of course, Doug and I are thinking about our wonderful mothers. Moms- we love you so much! Thank you for getting us to where we are today! :)

We are also pretty nostalgic (or I should say I am) because today we would have celebrated out 3 year dating anniversary! :) Doug just celebrated his 23rd birthday. I have been thinking a lot this weekend about the memories that Doug and I have built in the last three years and we are truly blessed! :) It's hard to believe that we fell in love at 20 and three years later we are here! I know we are both looking forward to the life that God has planned for us not as boyfriend and girlfriend anymore! :) Its crazy to think that Doug asked me to be his girlfriend three years ago this day and now we are married! I know at some point people question in their relationship whether it's forever. I never would have imagined that we would be HERE on that night that Doug came to me and told me he wanted to be my boyfriend! :) My mom and I were talking the other day about how she loves him being my husband, but she was so used to hearing me say "Doug is the best boyfriend ever." Now she said that times its hard for her not to say boyfriend. :) So Happy 3 year anniversary baby! I cant wait for the next 3 years and then some!!!! :) So for those of you who are in the engagement process, I know there are a lot of you, enjoy it! It goes by soooo quickly. But the after effects of it are the greatest blessings that one will ever experience!

We hope you all have a wonderful mothers day. To my mom (Kawai) and Doug's mom (Gayle), we love you both very much! Thank you for being the best mothers around! :) Thank you for enduring the pain of childbirth, childhood, and giving us the best life possible! We are eternally grateful to you both and look forward to all that life has for all of us as a beautiful family! :)  We wanted to share a collection of some of our favorite memories with our moms!

Doug's memories:  Realistically everyone knows that Doug loves to eat.  Some of Doug's favorite memories come from sitting around Gayle's table at Thanksgiving.  Doug also loves to talk about the times that Gayle would make lasgna for his birthday.  Also, Doug will never forget all the years of sports and support in school.  

Beth's memories:  The relationship between a mother and a daughter is very unique.  The one memory I would have to say that I have is the morning of my wedding.  I remember crawling into bed with her and sharing the excitement and joy of that day.  I will always remember that very private moment.  

In many ways both of our families are like that.  We enjoy the small and incredibly intimate moments that we share with our families.  Thank you to our moms for always providing the stage for those great moments.  We love you so much and look forward to so many more!  Sorry we couldnt spend today with you, but you are always in our thoughts and prayers!

God bless you all!

With love and excitement,

Doug and Beth <><>

Ps.  This picture was taken from our very first date! WOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home