Wedding Planning! Wedding Planning!

Hello Family & Friends,

We have come to the end of the work week. This Friday brings 44 more days until the Wedding! At my parent's house it is WEDDING CENTRAL! If you were to walk in right now, you would see rows of bows and bells lying all around each room. If you did not know, the theme of our wedding is "Wedding Bells & Bows." These bells and bows will line the aisle of the church and be placed all around the church and reception area. We cannot wait for the big day to come and to get everything all set up!

Thank you to the coordinating team (Diane, Cheryl, Judy & Susan Parker, Kim Franzen, Carla Del Rio, Patti Guerra, Maletta Miller and Jill Haller):

I would just like to say a very big THANK YOU to my coordinating team! So many of the church ladies are all over it. We are going to be having a coordinating meeting next Sunday, January 27th after church. I look forward to working out/finalizing a lot of the details with you ladies. Im sure our team will grow. A special thanks to Diane and Cheryl who are heading up the food, Judy & Susan who are heading up the set-up of the reception hall! Ladies, we will pull it off in a hour. Kim & Karla who will also be on set up crew! Thank you ladies! Thank you to Patti and Maletta who will help with the ceremony decorations. We are so blessed to have you. You will really make the food flow!!!!!! Thank you Jillie for doing my make up and for helping out with all of the flowers!!!!!!! Thank you for your hard work!

Planning in the last week:
This last week and a half has been a pretty busy one when it comes to wedding planning. Saturday, January 12th we resumed our marriage counseling with a wonderful Pastor, Pastor Darin Stone. He is going to have a section devoted to him, so check him out! THANK YOU DARIN! You are amazing! Doug, my mom, Kawai, and I went cake tasting on Sunday, January 13th. On the 15th, I drove all the way out to the IE from OC to do a make-up session with my lifelong friend, counselor, role model and big sister Jill! It was such a FUN night! We hashed out so much stuff about make-up and flowers! Thank you Jillie! On Thursday, the 17th, Doug and I drove out to find the rehearsal dinner sight! We absolutely fell in love with the place! Well we havent finalized any plans officially, we are thinking our rehearsal dinner will be held at the very old world, posh restaurant, the Sycamore Inn in Rancho Cucamonga. Needless to say, Doug and I are looking forward to a weekend of relaxation before we go back to the work and wedding grind!
Cake Tasting:

We found our perfect cake. Doug isnt really a fan of cake. He would have sided on Dez and Charlie Dellinger's side with the brownies and ice cream (we almost did it), but then we decided that we just couldnt break with tradition. I am very excited at the thought of cutting our wedding cake with the knife set that Doug's parents cut their wedding cake! I already know that this day is going to be so incredibly special. Doug and I decided on two different flavors of cake. We chose the champagne cake with a strawberry soufle filling for the top and bottom layer and we chose a chocolate cake with bavarian vanilla filling. The icing is buttercream! The cake should be a delightful addition to our wedding!

As we are on the point of the cake, I would like to thank my mom for coming along. I would also like to say a very special thank you to you mom! You have been working yourself to the bone to make sure that I am having the wedding of my dreams. I know you are doing the meeting with the ladies before I am able to come. You are trying to make sure all of our guests will feel comfortable. You spent endless hours composing bows and bells. Thank you so much mom! We really appreciate you so much. Dad, we also appreciate you too and all the money, I mean support, that you are shelling out! I dont want anyone to feel neglected, because really, we appreciate you all: my mom, dad, Doug's mom, dad, and EVERYONE!!!!! But, back to the topic, Mom, Doug and I had so much fun cake tasting with you!

Why planning is going so well- Short Engagement!
We have put so much hard work into it, that of course, there will be the stresses of the wedding, but I must say, this will truly be my dream wedding! I have been talking at length with so many people. I am so happy that Doug and I decided on a short engagement. The planning processes hasnt been as agonizing as many people had warned. I am also so appreciative of all the church ladies who are helping out behind the scenes.

So all in all, the planning process has gone pretty smooth! Only 44 more days til the "Bells start ringing!" We are so excited to share this time with you!!!!! Stay up to date on all of the planning


With love and excitement,

Doug and Beth <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home